Web of Lies: We've got some good news and bad news
It's been awhile since last we weaved this tangled web of lies. When last we spoke, it was revealed that Marc Webb had been slated to direct the rebooted Spider-man (presumably on the basis of his pun-spawning last name). FYI: This reboot should no longer be called Spider-man 4 (since it is not); it should be called Amazing Spider-man but will likely be called Spider-Man Origins: Rise of the Spider-Man or something equally as atrocious. Or not. Follow me on this interesting (and somewhat frightening) tangent, won't you.
It goes like this (give yourself five points if the phrase "it goes like this" makes you think of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"...but deduct 15 if you thought of any version but Cohen's or Buckley's and deduct 35 if you thought of Timberlake's recent slo-mo version): UK gossip mag OK says that Zac Effron may be the new Peter Parker, a fact that only furthers the fear of potential singing (what with Webb's now famous song in 500 Days of Summer and Peter Parker's unholy dance number in Spider-man 3). That's terrible. But what may not be terrible is how this came to be. Right now, as Slashfilm points out, Effron is linked to a project involving Brian Michael Bendis (the writer of "Ultimate Spider-man" comics and various other awesomeness). So, there's a chance that Sony, who wants more high-schooly Spidey stuff, has sought out Bendis, who primarily writes high-schooly Spidey stuff, to polish up some scripts...and he connected the gang to Effron, who is a terrible choice. The quesiton for me is, am I willing to take an Effron if I get a Bendis?
Well, maybe if he cuts his damn hair. Seriously, the villain in the movie can't win on the basis that emo Spidey smacks into a building because his mask pushed his hair in his eyes. I don't know squat about Effron, being that I've avoided his movies as though they came with free herpes. Maybe he's okay, maybe not. I do know that if Bendis is involved, things just got better.

It goes like this (give yourself five points if the phrase "it goes like this" makes you think of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"...but deduct 15 if you thought of any version but Cohen's or Buckley's and deduct 35 if you thought of Timberlake's recent slo-mo version): UK gossip mag OK says that Zac Effron may be the new Peter Parker, a fact that only furthers the fear of potential singing (what with Webb's now famous song in 500 Days of Summer and Peter Parker's unholy dance number in Spider-man 3). That's terrible. But what may not be terrible is how this came to be. Right now, as Slashfilm points out, Effron is linked to a project involving Brian Michael Bendis (the writer of "Ultimate Spider-man" comics and various other awesomeness). So, there's a chance that Sony, who wants more high-schooly Spidey stuff, has sought out Bendis, who primarily writes high-schooly Spidey stuff, to polish up some scripts...and he connected the gang to Effron, who is a terrible choice. The quesiton for me is, am I willing to take an Effron if I get a Bendis?
Well, maybe if he cuts his damn hair. Seriously, the villain in the movie can't win on the basis that emo Spidey smacks into a building because his mask pushed his hair in his eyes. I don't know squat about Effron, being that I've avoided his movies as though they came with free herpes. Maybe he's okay, maybe not. I do know that if Bendis is involved, things just got better.Labels: Brian Michael Bendis, marc webb, Spider-Man, Spiderman, Spiderman 4, zac effron


1 Comments:
Zac Effron? Honestly, when I read that...I hate him so much, the flame, flames, FLAMES on the side of my face...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home