Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Box Office Results: Time is frozen.

I had a nightmare that I would only be talking about Avatar forever. I was in my mid-forties and not only was I not rich, I was still discussing this movie. Not its sequels, not its spin-offs, but this original movie that was still playing in theaters because nobody has the stones or brains to release a good movie in February. Ugh. I would like to point out that although Edge of Darkness didn't do great money (because it was mediocre), even tripe like When in Rome made decent coin. People want to go to the movies all year long. It's time to sound that familiar gong about how they need to drop blockbusters at least once a month. Bang a gong.

Here's the weekend results (haiku style):

1.) Avatar - $30 million (Accuracy of prediction - 97%)

You leave me no choice.
I must now resort to puns.
I am feeling "blue."

2.) Edge of Darkness - $17 million (Accuracy of prediction - 79.5%)

This is no Taken.
But Neeson is a good guy.
No "sugar tits" there.

3.) When in Rome - $12.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 74%)

With Bell's cute dimples
and an advert overload
this didn't quite fail.

4.) The Tooth Fairy - $10 million (Accuracy of prediction - 75%)

The ONLY kid flick
it has no competition
we can't condone this.

5.) The Book of Eli - $9 million (Accuracy of prediction - 80%)

Bye for now, Denzel.
You'll be off this list next week.
But I still love you.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 81%

Still pulling a B.
Avatar makes it easy.
For that, it's OK.

That's it gang. Go have a Monday!

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home