Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Box Office Results: Alice can (wonder) land in hell...

Okay, how long is this going to keep going? The success of Alice in Wonderland has officially made me root for How to Train Your Dragon to win next week. How do you think that makes me feel? I want the derivative Dreamworks 3D animated movie to topple the derivative Disney 3D movie. This is like choosing to date one gal above another because "she has more teeth." The only other news of note this box office day is that Diary of a Wimpy Kid overperformed. It's not really news that Repo Men underperformed (because that shit is weeeeeiiirrd). This weekend didn't really warrant any further reaction than this. I shall move on.

Here's the weekend results, haiku style:

1.) Alice in Wonderland - $34.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 95%)

If I were Burton,
I'd just use the same haiku
I already wrote.

2.) Diary of a Wimpy Kid - $21.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 75.5%)

Not a bad first week,
for a film I thought was dead.
It may get sequels.

3.) The Bounty Hunter - $21 million (Accuracy of prediction - 80%)

We'll forget this one
in a very short time frame.
Like right about now.

4.) Repo Men - $6 million (Accuracy of prediction - 67%)

Jude Law flops again
Why is it he's still famous?
His time may be done.

5.) She's Out of My League - $6 million (Accuracy of prediction - 100%)

Nothing left to say
This doesn't warrant more talk.
Um, I got nothing.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 83.5%

Yet another "B."
I suppose that's not too bad.
But no honor roll.

Okay gang, that's it for me. Happy Monday. Stay positive for the week ahead!

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home