Friday, January 8, 2010

Fearless, Flawless Box Office Predictions

Let's start with the update from Avatarwatch - James Cameron has now directed the two biggest box office hits in the world...ever. In less than a month, Cameron's blue people have totaled the second highest gross in history. By Sunday, the movie will have made more than $400 million domestically and will be the sole owner of the highest fourth weekend total ever. It should fairly easily cruise past The Dark Knight, leaving only Titanic to beat domestically, with the question remaining: Can it beat the boat?

Here's how I see this weekend (haiku style):

1.) Avatar - $45 million

The Na'vi are blue
But I would bet Fox is not
I'd say they are green.

2.) Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel - $20 million

I will not see this
Not on a dare or a bet
Not now, not ever

3.) Sherlock Holmes - $18 million

Holy gay undertones!
A producer hates that talk.
So let's keep it up.

4.) Daybreakers - $17 million

They sold this one wrong.
The ads should have said, "Hey girls,
do you like vampires?"

5.) Leap Year - $14 million

Love Amy Adams.
Hate generic romance flicks.
Guess I'm conflicted.

WILDCARD - It's Complicated - $10.5 million

When you think of it.
It is not complicated.
It's just not for me.

Okay gang, that's it. Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back later to beg for money from you.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home