Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekend Box Office Results: We all owe Jimmy Cameron an apology

It's too early to do this, I know, but somebody has to ask...does Avatar have a chance at taking the global box office all-time title? After next weekend it is going to be number two all-time and will likely eclipse $400 million domestic, making it 2009's top-grossing film (I don't care if it was split between 2009/2010, it helps to wipe the poop stain that is Transformers 2 off the collective cultural underpants). Jimmy C will officially have the top 2 films EVER. That's insane. What say you? Does it have another $700 million in it, or is 2nd all time where it stops? Lord, go back in time about 2 months and tell me that I'm asking this question and I won't believe you. Actually, if you came from the future and THAT was what you wanted to ask/tell me, I would do more to you than just not believe you. Anyway, here's this week's results, haiku style.

1.) Avatar - $68 million (Accuracy of prediction - 92.5%)

I can't believe it.
James Cameron really IS king.
He should so Knight me.

2.) Sherlock Holmes - $38 million (Accuracy of prediction - 92%)

A franchise is born!
Who will play Moriarty?
Still hoping Brad Pitt!

3.) Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel - $36 million (Accuracy of prediction - 92%)

Two chipmunk movies,
and no Thundercat movies.
Where is the justice?

4.) It's Complicated - $18.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 96%)

Hey, I had a thought:
This is kind of like Twilight...
but for old people.

5.) The Blind Side - $12.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 86%)

I have nothing left.
This movie won't go away.
I have New-Moon-itis.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 92%

Wow! I got an A!
Twenty ten has a good start...
but this too shall pass.

Okay gang, happy Monday! Remember, Christmas vacation is a mere 50 weeks away!

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home