Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend box office results: Harry finally beats hairy

I could dress this up or I could be honest. I'll take your inability to respond in any way as a call for honesty: This week was boring with a capital PBS. I mean, seriously, the top grossing film in the last week of July made $23 million all weekend, which is what Transformers 2 made before the opening credits played once. I really hope that Hollywood is taking notice: Following the cool kids to the front of the summer line means there isn't enough food to go around, you dig? SPREAD. YOUR. RELEASES. OUT. Dingbats.

Here's the weekend results (haiku style):

1.) Funny People - $23 million (Accuracy of prediction - 89%)

Poor, Adam Sandler.
This year will break his hot streak.
Thank the Lord, Jesus.

2.) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $17.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 84%)

Harry beat the pigs!
By the power of IMAX.
It's a potent spell.

3.) G-Force - $17 million (Accuracy of prediction - 78%)

The pigs should be proud...
Actually they shouldn't be.
Sigh, but such is life.

4.) The Ugly Truth - $13 million (Accuracy of prediction - 90%)

Heigl is a diva,
so says all of the reports.
I just don't know how.

5.) Aliens in the Attic - $7.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 60%)

Well, this one is dead.
Sayonara Miss Tisdale.
We hardly knew ye.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 80%

I got a low "B."
But that is just fine with me.
I can do much worse.

Happy Monday gang!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home