Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Box Office Results: My dead heart feels joy

I've had a rough few weeks for being chipper. Between car troubles, a schedule that has prevented Christmas preparation, and now a plumbing leak, I'm ready to off Cindy Lou Who with a hatchet. Yet, it brings my cold, dead Heston-esque heart joy to see that The Princess and the Frog is the number one movie this week. How pleasing that a sweet, hand-drawn tale claimed the crown (and will hopefully keep raking in money). Why, it's enough to make one want to pen poetry.

Here are the results (haiku style):

1.) The Princess and the Frog - $25 million (Accuracy of prediction - 80%)

This is a classic,
for once Disney didn't err
when it came to race!

2.) The Blind Side - $15 million (Accuracy of prediction - 90%)

You can't stop Sandra.
You can only contain her.
This is her world now.

3.) Invictus - $9 million (Accuracy of prediction - 65%)

Nelson Mandela?
Clint Eastwood and Matt Damon?
How is this not first?

4.) Twilight: New Moon - $8 million (Accuracy of prediction - 94%)

Last week...THE LAST WEEK!
I will suffer no longer.
Be gone vile movie.

5.) A Christmas Carol - $6.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 96%)

It just keeps going.
I'll never be free of this.
But it's not New Moon!!!!

Overall Accuracy of Prediction - 85%

Not a bad outing.
I oft overestimate.
I'm an optimist.

Okay, that's it, I'm off to fix leaks and cry.

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home