Friday, February 12, 2010

Fearless, Flawless Box Office Predictions

We're back to a world in which the first place film isn't always Avatar, which is both good news and bad. Good news because I was damn near out of Avatar haikus. Bad news because I had a pretty damn good run while Avatar was on top in terms of my predictions, because that movie made it easy. I averaged an 82% accuracy for the reign of Ava-terror. Not too shabby, a B is good for me!! So, will my luck terminate now that I've moved on from the blue peoples? Will it sink into the mediocre abyss from which I was previously mired? Will good grades be aliens to me? Will my predictions be accurate or truly lies? Only times and puns will tell, people.

Here's my predictions, haiku style:

1.) Valentine's Day - $33 million

Love is in the air!
Wait a minute, that's not love!
Unless love smells bad.

2.) The Wolfman - $27 million

Suck on that, vampires!
A wolf now has the lead role.
Are you gonna cry?

3.) Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - $21 million

Hey, pick a title.
You have about 3 in there.
Bad choices, people.

4.) Avatar - $19 million

Jim, don't feel too bad.
This made way too much money.
It's time to move on.

5.) Dear John - $18 million

Why did you see this?
And what's a Channing Tatum?
I must be too old.

Okay, no wildcard this week, I feel too good about these top 5 being clearly the top 5. Plus, my haiku maker is tired.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home