Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Box Office Results: How low can Cop Out go after this?

Kevin Smith is happy. His Cop Out opening was the biggest of his career. It will almost certainly be his highest grossing film and should enjoy a relatively nice shelf life on DVD. Because I think I still like him as a person, that's nice. Because he's just been rewarded for taking the final face doo-doo on his career, it makes me sad. Because numbers also make me sad (words rule! numbers suck!), we may as well dive into the box office numbers at this point.

Here's how things went (haiku style):

1.) Shutter Island - $22 million (Accuracy of prediction - 98%)

A new career best?
This could be big for Marty!
Well, it's about time!

2.) Cop Out - $18.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 90.5%)

Enjoy the win, Kev.
But please use this to move UP.
This is depressing.

3.) The Crazies - $16.5 million (Accuracy of prediction - 92%)

Like I said: Sleeper.
I think this does more money.
Could hang for awhile.

4.) Avatar - $14 million (Accuracy of prediction - 90%)

This is my life now.
Making Avatar haikus.
Somebody kill me.

5.) Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief (Accuracy of prediction - 95%)

Can you steal lightning?
Wouldn't that hurt, like, a lot?
I need to move on.

Overall accuracy of prediction - 93%

Oh my FLIPPIN gosh!
I absolutely killed it!
Here comes a great week!!!!

Okay guys, get out there and make Monday your bitch!

Labels: , , , , ,

Custom Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home